Last Update: September 15, 2023
We have prepared this Refund Policy to explain when you can request a refund with respect to products and services acquired from Spaceship or through us from our partners and/or affiliates (collectively “Services”).
General terms apply to all refund eligible Services. These general terms are outlined below. They are in addition to any special terms outlined herein that may result in a refund. Note: not all services are eligible for a refund.
In addition, there may be special term(s) and/or requirements that apply to a specific product and/or service and those are outlined below. These are outlined in the next section titled Specific Terms.
- One Refund per Service In no event is the same Service eligible for more than one refund.
- Service Must be Cancelled. Service(s) must be cancelled before we can issue a refund.
- Suspended/Terminated Services Aren’t Eligible. No refund will be made if your Service(s) are suspended or terminated for cause.
- Services Purchased at Reduced Fee or on Promotion Aren’t Eligible.
- Fees Paid for Providing non-Service Related Support Aren’t Eligible.
- Where Purchase Service includes a Free Domain, You Must Pay for the Domain. If purchased Service(s) include free domain name registration as part of a promotion or sale of the Service(s), and you cancel the purchased Service(s), the standard price for the domain name will be deducted from the refund amount. If the refund amount is less than the standard price for the domain, you must either elect to pay the difference or forfeit the domain, in which case, ownership of the domain will revert to Spaceship.
- Refunds in US dollars only. All refunds are processed in U.S. dollars: you, the customer, bear sole responsibility for any fluctuations in the exchange rate(s) between the time of payment and the time of refund.
Refunds, where possible, are to Source of Payment. Spaceship’s policy is to provide a refund to the original source of payment for the product/service where possible. Below we outline how this policy works per different type of payment source.
- Account Funds. Purchases made using Spaceship account funds can only be refunded as account credit.
- Credit Card + PayPal. Purchases made by credit card and PayPal may be refundable to the original source of payment. Spaceship is not responsible for any additional charges imposed by your credit card company or PayPal payment processor in the case of refund.
- Bitcoin. Refunds are not possible for bitcoin deposits.
- Processing Fees Deducted from Refund Amount. Any processing fee(s) will be deducted from a refund.
Domain Name Registration
All fees for domain name registrations and related domain name Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term. This includes but is not limited by the below list of services that we may offer now or in the future:
- No refunds are available for the Spaceship Aftermarket subscription
- No refunds are available for fees paid for Aftermarket Domain Names, unless your Aftermarket Domain Name registration is rejected or cancelled by Spaceship, the registry or the third-party seller
- No refunds are available for fees paid for Premium Domain(s)
No refunds are available for fees paid for any of the following:
- Additional fees paid for Pre-Orders, Sunrise or Landrush periods or participation in any Early Access Program;
- Fees paid for related Service(s); or
- Fees paid for recover or reactivation of a domain
- New Domain Name Registrations. Where not prohibited by the applicable registry or registry operator, new domain name registrations may be refundable, at the sole discretion of Spaceship, if you, the registrant, cancel the domain name registration for a valid reason and the cancellation is processed within 5 days (120 hours) after registration.
- Domain Transfers to Spaceship. In the case of an unsuccessful attempt to transfer a domain name to Spaceship, we will automatically refund any fees paid to the source of payment.
Domain Name Renewal
- UAll fees for domain name renewals and related domain name Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term. In limited cases and where not prohibited by the applicable registry or registry operator, Spaceship may, in its sole discretion, allow for a refund if you, the registrant, cancel the domain name renewal for a valid reason and the cancellation is processed within 5 days (120 hours) after renewal for the most of TLDs.
As a courtesy, we are providing a non-exhaustive list of registries that do not allow cancellation. You acknowledge that you understand that this list is non-exhaustive and that it is your responsibility to understand whether the registry for the subject domain allows cancellations. **.AU,
All fees for Web Hosting and related Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your Web Hosting Service(s) are suspended or terminated prior to the end of your then current contract term. This also includes, where/if applicable:
- Any additional features, services or upgrades added to you Web Hosting package and purchased at an additional fee;
- Any fees related to domain name registrations associated with your Web Hosting package.
- Limited Exceptions. Spaceship may, as determined in its sole discretion, consider providing a refund (in whole or part) in the following circumstances.
- The following Package fees for Shared Hosting, Essential, Pro, Supreme may be refundable, at the sole discretion of Spaceship, if you, the account holder, cancel within thirty (30) days after purchase. Only first-time Shared Hosting Essential, Pro and Supreme accounts are eligible for the 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Renewals of Web Hosting may be refundable, at the sole discretion of Spaceship, if you, the account holder, cancel your hosting within forty-eight (48) hours after the renewal.
All fees for Spacemail and related Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your Spacemail Service(s) are suspended or terminated prior to the end of your then-current contract term. This includes, but is not limited to, situations where the following may apply:
Violation of Terms. Spaceship may at any time, without prior notice and all payments forfeited, if, in Our sole judgment:
- You are in violation of any terms or conditions you are subject to;
- Your use of the Services places or is likely to place unreasonable demands upon Spaceship or could disrupt Spaceship business operations;
- You are or are alleged to be violating the terms and conditions of any other agreement entered into by You and Spaceship.
Discretionary Refunds. Spaceship, in its sole discretion, may agree to refunds under the following two situations:
- Package fees for Pro and Advanced if you, the account holder, are a first time purchaser of the product and you cancel within thirty (30) days after purchase.
- Renewals of Spacemail may be refundable if you, the account holder, cancel your subscription 5 days after the renewal.
All fees for SSL Certificates are non-refundable, in whole or in part, with the following exception, provided the that you have met one of the following conditions within ninety (90) days after purchase:
- After you obtain issuance, you make a written request for a refund within fifteen (15) days from the date of issuance; OR
- Your attempt at issuance is unsuccessful, in which case the refund will be credited to your account automatically; OR
- You do not make an attempt at issuance and make a written request for a refund.
- If a refund is available, fees for SSL Certificates will be refunded to the source of payment.
Refund Request Process
If you think you are eligible for a refund, you can submit a helpdesk ticket. You must include the following information in your request:
- Acknowledging that you have read our Refund Policy
- Why you are asking for a refund;
- Transaction identifying information (e.g. account username, support pin, transaction number, domain name, date of purchase)
Once submitted, we will review your request and may require that you provide additional information. You acknowledge that you must provide a timely response to information requested. Failure to provide the information we need to evaluate your request may result in a closure of your request. Therefore, we ask you to please check your inbox so that we can provide the best support possible.
If you have questions about our Refund Policy, you can contact Spaceship at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact us at:
4600 East Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034